When: The Second Saturday of each month!
Next Workshop: October 21st!
Registration: 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Workshop: 1:30 p.m.– 4:00 p.m.
Legal Issues in Divorce
- Overview of the Divorce Law
- Understanding the Divorce Process
- Protecting Yourself Legally – Your Rights & Options
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Child & Spousal Support
- Ways to Approach Divorce – Alternatives to Traditional Litigation
- How to Choose an Attorney
Gaining Financial Control of Your Divorce
- Preparing for divorce financially
- Identifying & understanding ALL financial assets
- Which assets are best for YOU…house, retirement accounts, investments?
- How to increase your chances for an Equitable Distribution of Assets
- Determining support for you & your children
- Financial & Tax consideration Pre- & Post-divorce
- Moving on after divorce financially – creating new goals, objectives, & budget
- Telling the children & answering questions – different strategies for different ages
- Helping your family cope with the stress of divorce
- Helping children understand divorce
- Taking care of yourself & rebuilding self-esteem
- Dealing with a hostile spouse & strategies for communicating with your spouse during this time